When you legally separate from your spouse, this usually means you’re no longer living together but you haven’t gone through…
Divorce Mediators in Ashburn
Divorce is a naturally uncomfortable and often painful process; mediation can work to ease this discomfort. Mediation is a more sensible and affordable method of divorce that facilitates communication between the two parties. A third-party mediator helps to create resolutions that both people agree to, effectively speeding the process a bit and avoiding unruly conduct. The award-winning family law attorneys at Graham Law, PLLC have decades of experience in divorce mediation in Ashburn, VA.
If you are planning to file for divorce or recently served divorce papers, Graham Law can help. Ashburn residents trust Graham Law attorneys for divorce mediation in Northern Virginia. Contact a divorce mediator today.
Why Choose Divorce Mediation?
In Northern Virginia, divorce mediation expedites the divorce process. Both parties benefit from minimizing the time, money, and emotional energy investment. Our divorce attorneys approach mediation with one goal in mind: to reach a binding settlement of the marital issues in dispute through open discussion and the exchange of information.
It’s our job to facilitate communication and cooperation for both parties. We reserve judgment and bias in order to best serve both you and your spouse.
We work to create a streamlined solution for difficult and sensitive divorces through our mediation services. We cannot offer any legal advice or act as either party’s legal counsel at any point during the divorce process as the divorce mediator; rather, we serve as the middle ground between the two parties. Our aim and priority is to keep the discussion focused. We put effort into opening lines of communication and coaching both parties through the decision-making process through facilitation and evaluative mediation styles.
Contact Graham Law Firm to learn more about divorce mediation in Ashburn and to determine if it’s the best solution for you and your family.
Benefits of Divorce Mediation Services
- Cost – Divorce costs can add up quickly. Mediation services speed up the entire divorce process, meaning you’ll spend less time with attorneys and save money on your divorce.
- Control – You and your spouse stay in control of your divorce while being assisted by a neutral mediator. Mediation prevents attorneys litigating in court and settles marital disputes in a manner that satisfies both parties.
- Time – Mediation cuts down on the amount of time spent in court and working with attorneys. Our family law attorneys will even work around your schedule to accommodate your needs.
- Family Relationships – Many couples who have chosen mediation have found that this type of divorce often results in improved family relationships after the divorce has concluded.
- Result – You can avoid an adversarial or hostile result by choosing divorce mediation. When both parties mutually agree to the terms of divorce, the final result of asset division, child custody and support, and other terms satisfy both parties and often help preserve a more united front.
Divorce mediation helps settle a variety of marital issues, including divorce agreements, co-parenting plans, spousal support, child custody, child support, property division, asset management, debt settlement, and more.
When Not to Choose Divorce Mediation
Although mediation is our recommended plan of action for most divorces, there are certain cases in which mediation may not be the best solution for you or your family. In these situations, divorce litigation is often more appropriate. Some cases include:
- Your spouse fails to provide full financial disclosures
- Your spouse abused you or intimidated you in your marriage
- Your spouse abused or intimidated your children during your marriage
- Your spouse does not want a divorce
- Your spouse is intellectually or emotionally incapacitated
Contact a Divorce Mediator in Ashburn
To talk with a divorce mediator in Ashburn, VA, call Graham Law Firm, PLLC at (703) 687-6817 or contact us online to schedule a family law consultation.