In Virginia, you can obtain a no-fault divorce if you have been separated for a certain period of time –…
Graham Law Firm offers secure video conferencing as an alternative to in-person office meetings
Northern Virginia’s Trusted Divorce Mediators
Divorce Mediation Services in Ashburn, Leesburg & Surrounding Cities
An affordable and sensible alternative to litigation, divorce mediation facilitates communication and conflict resolution by way of a third-party mediator. The family law attorneys at Graham Law Firm are expert divorce mediators helping Northern Virginia residents and their spouses with award-winning divorce mediation services.
Planning to file for divorce or recently served divorce papers? Residents of Arlington County, Fairfax County, Fauquier County, Loudoun County, and Prince William County trust Graham Law Firmfor divorce mediation services in Northern Virginia. Contact a divorce mediator today by giving us a call at (703) 443-9360.
Why Choose Divorce Mediation?
In Northern Virginia, divorce mediation expedites the divorce process. The minimal investment of time, money, and emotional energy creates an environment beneficial to both parties. Our divorce attorneys approach mediation with one goal in mind—to reach a binding settlement of the marital issues in dispute through open discussion and the exchange of information. It’s our job to facilitate communication and cooperation for both parties, not to be judgmental or biased.
While our mediators are divorce lawyers and licensed family law attorneys, when acting as a divorce mediator they cannot offer any legal advice or act as either party’s legal counsel at any point during the divorce process. As mediators, our goal is to keep the discussion focused, open lines of communication, and coach both parties through the decision-making process through facilitation and evaluative mediation styles.
Contact Graham Law Firm to learn more about divorce mediation in Northern Virginia and to determine if it’s the best solution for you and your family.
Benefits of Divorce Mediation
There are many reasons why spouses throughout Northern Virginia are choosing divorce mediation services over other methods, such as litigation or collaborative divorce. Some benefits of divorce mediation include:
- Cost – Divorce costs can add up quickly. Mediation services speed up the entire divorce process, meaning you’ll spend less time with attorneys and save money on your divorce.
- Control – Since divorce mediation is unbiased and performed by a neutral mediator, you and your spouse stay in control of your divorce. Mediation prevents attorneys litigating in court and settles marital disputes in a manner both parties are satisfied with.
- Time – Mediation reduces the amount of time spent in court and working with attorneys. Our family law attorneys will even work around your schedule to accommodate your needs.
- Family Relationships – Since mediation involves both spouses working together to agree on terms of the divorce, mediation often results in improved family relationships after the divorce has concluded.
- Result – You can avoid an adversarial or hostile outcome to your divorce through mediation. When both parties reach mutually agreed upon terms, the final result of asset division, child custody and support, and other terms are agreements both spouses are happy to agree to.
When Divorce Mediation is Not Ideal
Although mediation is our recommended plan of action for most divorces, there are certain cases in which mediation may not be the best solution for you or your family. For example:
- Your spouse fails to provide full financial disclosures
- Your spouse abused you or intimidated you in your marriage
- Your spouse abused or intimidated your children during your marriage
- Your spouse does not want a divorce
- Your spouse is intellectually or emotionally incapacitated
Child Support Mediation
Mediation’s main goals are to help parties talk about the care of their family, and to help parties develop an enforceable child support order.
The mediator can help parties talk about their child’s financial needs and decide the best way to meet them while keeping in mind everyone’s financial needs.
Contact a Divorce Mediator in Northern Virginia
To talk with a divorce mediator in Northern Virginia, including Arlington County, Fairfax County, Fauquier County, Loudoun County, or Prince William County, call Graham Law Firm at (703) 443-9360 or contact us online to schedule a family law consultation.
Our Family Law Jurisdictions
Arlington County (VA): Arlington and Crystal City
Fairfax County (VA): Annandale, Herndon, Laurel Hill, McLean, Reston, Tysons Corner, and Vienna
Fauquier County (VA): Bealeton, Orlean, and Warrenton
Prince William County (VA): Gainesville, Lake Ridge, and Woodbridge
Northern VA: City of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Great Falls, Manassas, Manassas Park, and Winchester