The holidays are often the most family-oriented time of the year. If you share joint custody of your children with…
Divorce Mediation in Fairfax, VA
Divorce is a painful process; mediation can make it both more sensible and affordable by facilitating communication. A third-party mediator works with the two parties to reach resolutions that both people agree to, helping speed up the process a bit and avoiding unruly conduct. The award-winning family law attorneys at Graham Law, PLLC have decades of experience in divorce mediation in Fairfax, VA.
If you are planning to file for divorce or were recently served divorce papers, Graham Law can help. Fairfax residents trust Graham Law attorneys for divorce mediation in Northern Virginia. Contact a divorce mediator today.
Why Choose Divorce Mediation?
In Northern Virginia, mediation expedites the divorce process. Minimizing the investment of time, money, and emotional energy creates an environment that benefits both parties. Our divorce attorneys approach mediation with one goal in mind: to reach a binding settlement of the marital issues in dispute through open discussion and the exchange of information.
It’s our job to facilitate communication and cooperation for both parties. We reserve judgment and bias in order to best serve both you and your spouse.
We work to create a streamlined solution for difficult and sensitive divorces through our mediation services. We cannot offer any legal advice or act as either party’s legal counsel at any point during the divorce process when acting as a mediator; rather, we serve as the middle ground between the two parties. As mediators, our goal is to keep the discussion focused. We work to open lines of communication and coach both parties through the decision-making process through facilitation and evaluative mediation styles.
Contact Graham Law Firm to learn more about divorce mediation in Northern Virginia and to determine if it’s the best solution for you and your family.
Benefits of Divorce Mediation Services
There are many reasons why spouses throughout Northern Virginia are choosing divorce mediation services over other methods, such as litigation or collaborative divorce. Some benefits of divorce mediation include:
- Cost – Divorce costs can add up quickly. Mediation services speed up the entire divorce process, meaning you’ll spend less time with attorneys and save money on your divorce.
- Control – Since divorce mediation is unbiased and performed by a neutral mediator, you and your spouse stay in control of your divorce. Mediation prevents attorneys litigating in court and settles marital disputes in a manner that satisfies both parties.
- Time – Mediation reduces the amount of time spent in court and working with attorneys. Our family law attorneys will even work around your schedule to accommodate your needs.
- Family Relationships – Involving both spouses to work together on terms of the divorce often results in improved family relationships after the divorce has concluded.
- Result – You can avoid an adversarial or hostile outcome to your divorce through mediation. When both parties reach mutually agreed upon terms, the final result of asset division, child custody and support, and other terms are agreements to which both spouses are happy to agree.
Divorce mediation helps settle a variety of marital issues, including divorce agreements, co-parenting plans, spousal support, child custody, child support, property division, asset management, debt settlement, and more.
When Not to Choose Divorce Mediation
Although mediation is our recommended plan of action for most divorces, there are certain cases in which mediation may not be the best solution for you or your family. In these situations, divorce litigation is often more appropriate. Some cases include:
- Your spouse fails to provide full financial disclosures
- Your spouse abused you or intimidated you in your marriage
- Your spouse abused or intimidated your children during your marriage
- Your spouse does not want a divorce
- Your spouse is intellectually or emotionally incapacitated
Contact a Divorce Mediator
To talk with a divorce mediator in Fairfax, VA, call Graham Law Firm at (703) 687-6817 or contact us online to schedule a family law consultation.