As a parent, your children depend on child support to cover their basic needs of food, shelter, and clothing. Parents…
Family Law Lawyers Serving Northern Virginia
Family law is complex, with different rules applying to different jurisdictions. Legal cases involving the family are also the most emotional, with outcomes that can profoundly affect your life and relationships forever.
That’s why you should team up with a lawyer from Graham Law Firm, PLLC for your domestic relations case. As one of Virginia’s most trusted family law firms, we can provide you with professional legal advice and help you navigate this turning point in your life.
To learn more about our services, or to schedule a consultation, please contact the qualified family law lawyers at Graham Law Firm today. We are based in Leesburg and service the surrounding areas of Northern Virginia, including Herndon, Reston, Sterling, and beyond.
Divorce Services in Northern Virginia
The decision to terminate a spousal relationship is the most common reason people in the US go to court. Graham Law specializes in the following areas of divorce:
- Divorce litigation: This is the traditional method of ending a marriage, which involves two lawyers resolving conflict on behalf of their clients before a judge.
- Divorce mediation: If you think you can resolve the conflict with your spouse via a third-party mediator, you may be able to save time and money and avoid an adversarial outcome to your divorce.
- Collaborative divorce: When you and your spouse choose a collaborative divorce, you can settle disputes respectfully, without going to court.
- Uncontested divorce: This type of divorce lends itself to terminating your marriage conclusively and amicably.
- Contested divorce: You may need to file for contested divorce if you and your spouse can’t agree on key issues of your separation.
- Military divorce: The divorce process is more complicated if one or both spouses are active military members. Graham Law can help you navigate the process successfully.
- And more
Cases Involving Children
One of the most important considerations in family law is making sure any children involved are well taken care of. Graham Law Firm is here to help you with the following:
- Adoption: When you want to add a child to your family, adoption is often the best choice. Our family law lawyers can help ensure a positive outcome for your standard adoption or step-parent adoption case.
- Child custody and visitation: We’re here to help guide you through the process of creating a beneficial custody and visitation arrangement for your children following divorce.
- Child support: Make sure your children receive the financial support they need from the noncustodial parent in your divorce case. We handle new petitions, modifications, and terminations.
- And more
Other Family Law Services
Choose Graham Law Firm for all your family law needs. Our other services include:
- Prenuptial agreements: Plan for the unexpected with a prenuptial or premarital agreement. We’ll make sure you cover all the relevant information you need to protect you and your fiancé’s interests once you get married.
- Legal separation: If you want to file for divorce, you must first be legally separated. We’ll help make sure you meet the requirements of legal separation to speed up your divorce proceedings.
- Annulments: An annulment is considered the end of an invalid marriage. If you want to file for an annulment, Graham Law Firm can help.
- Equitable distribution: Fair divorce proceedings include a fair division of assets. We have your best interest at heart as we help you divide possessions between you and your ex-spouse.
- Spousal support: Known as “alimony” in other states, spousal support in Virginia comes into play when one former spouse’s income is significantly higher than the other’s.
- And more
Schedule a Consultation with Our Family Law Lawyers in Virginia
Graham Law Firm is proud to fulfill Northern Virginia’s family law needs. We are highly experienced in all of the services outlined above, plus many others. Whether you’re navigating a divorce or feeling lost about child custody, we can offer legal support and skillfully guide you through your case. Our goal is to ensure a fair outcome for everyone involved.
Contact Graham Law online to speak with an experienced family law lawyer in Northern Virginia.